1. Join the launch of the Anima Methodi anthology, which i co-edited with Desmond Kon Zhicheng-Mingdé,
on 11 Nov 2018, Sunday,
12nn – 1PM (TAKE NOTE OF THE NEW TIME)
at The Arts House, Gallery II.
The readings will feature creative uses of the new mirroring poetic form of anima methodi.
Register at https://www.facebook.com/events/689645658075409/.
‘Will support other writers at the following SWF events:
1) Love at the Gallery, a Poetry Performance and Art Tour,
@ National Gallery Singapore
from 5 to 6:30pm on 3rd & 10th November 2018
MEETING PLACE: Supreme Court Wing Foyer
Q&A will take place at Supreme Court Foyer L3 and the registration area at Supreme Court Foyer L1 on 3rd November, SEAGalleries 15 and 14 on 10th November
Reserve your place at EITHER tour via our Peatix link (only waiting list places available): https://loveatgallery.peatix.com/view
NOTE: Attendees must present the Singapore Writers Festival pass AND the Peatix registration for this event.
2) Between the Island and the World: National Poetry Competition Winners Showcase
07 Nov, Wednesday, 8.00pm – 9.30pm
The Arts House, POP stage
Savor the winning entries of the National Poetry Competition 2018 in all of the island’s official languages as they reflect on the SWF 2018’s theme, 界 (‘jie’).
Moderator: Elijah Chai
Visit https://islandworld.peatix.com for information and registration (for logistical purposes).
3) Chicken Rice and Adobo: What We Love about the Philippines and Singapore @ the Singapore Writers Festival
READING AND PANEL DISCUSSION
11 Nov, Sun 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
VENUE: HideOut@Funan Showsuite, Junction of Hill Street and High Street
REGISTER AT https://chickenadobo.peatix.com/view .
4) I also contributed to Call and Response, which will be launched on Sun 11 Nov 2:30pm – SWF POP Stage at The Arts House.
It would be great to see you at any of these events.
2. Poetry Festival Singapore and the National Parks Board, organizers of the Reflecting on Nature: On-the-Spot Poetry Competition, will welcome aspiring poets from Primary 5 & 6 to join us for a writing workshop and competition on the theme of nature.
Selected participants will learn to express their experiences with nature through poetry and will be given time to develop original work. They may win attractive prizes.
NOTE: This competition is open only to local/foreign students aged 11 to 12 years old (Primary 5 and Primary 6).
Poem Length: From 3 to 14 lines (written with writing prompts that will be provided)
Workshop & Competition Date: 26 May 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: Botany Centre Function Hall (near Tanglin Gate), Singapore Botanic Gardens
Open to Public.